European Year for Development 2015 is for the development and international community a very important milestone, which among other provides an important policy discussions on the development agenda after 2015. What is more, upcoming Slovak Presidency of the Council of the European Union in the second half of the 2016 opens opportunities to stir the wider professional and academic debate on the importance of the democracy, development and global issues. Sharing and dissemination of innovative ideas on global responsibility is a key for our common future, because each of us can act consciously and contribute by his or hers consumer, environmental, social behavior for the better tomorrow and for all people in this world. Attending the international conference Development and Democracy means a unique opportunity for you to share knowledge, creative ideas, experiences, successes and failures in development and innovation through meetings, networking and debate key actors in development.
TOPICS of the panel discussions and conference booklet contributions will be:
– Thinking ahead for sustainable development: SDGs and development agenda after 2015
– Social innovations for sustainable development
– Measuring impact of global citizenship education interventions
– How to build an effective and transparent civil society in Ukraine?
– Shaping priorities for the Slovak Presidency: Agenda for reforming EU democracy funding in the Eastern Partnership.