Public Finance for Development in North Macedonia
North Macedonia became a programme partner country in 2018. The demand has been centred on problem solving related to the informal economy, the fight against tax evasion and tax fraud, fiscal decentralization and fiscal efficiency, and the procurement of public goods and services.
ACTIVITIES: The technical assistance programme is fully aligned with the measures and activities of the 2018-2020 PFM Reform Programme, and the Ministry of Finance of North Macedonia’s long-term vision regarding public finance management. The activities focus on reinforcing the capacities of the Ministry of Finance and the Public Revenue Office (at the level of local self-governments as well) in the following areas:
- Reducing informal economy through:
- Setting up and streamlining the transfer pricing system;
- Exchange of information for tax purposes;
- Improvement of administration property taxes.
- Strengthening the Fiscal Autonomy and Revenue Mobilization Capacities of the Local Self-Government Units (fiscal decentralization)
- Strengthening Fiscal Efficiency and Discipline in Providing Public Goods and Services.